Fiber plays a key role to keep your digestive tract clean and healthy. It moves toxins out before they can create harm. Fiber is found in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. In general, the more natural and unprocessed the food, the higher it is in fiber. Below are some simple ways to add more fiber to your diet:
• Use brown rice instead of white rice
• Substitute whole-grain bread for white bread
• Eat fresh fruits such as pear, banana and apple
• Have a baked potato, including the skin, instead of fried potatoes
• Drink plenty of water. Fiber absorbs water, so the more fiber you add to your diet, the more fluids you should drink.