稀少糖 - 最健康的糖!
市場上有很多不同的人造甜味劑。雖然它們不像食糖（蔗糖）含有卡路里，但研究顯示某些人造甜味劑與疾病和體重增加有及大關聯。常見甜味劑包括醋磺內酯鉀， 阿斯巴甜，紐甜，糖精，Advantame 和蔗糖素。
Rare Sugar Syrup (Rare Sugar Sweet®) and Oligosaccharides
1) What makes AFC Rare Sugar Syrup Plus Oligosaccharide so unique?
AFC Rare Sugar Syrup Plus Oligosaccharides consists of an ideal balance of four sugars – rare sugars, glucose, fructose and oligosaccharide. Rare sugars offer tremendous health benefits that are unbeatable by any sweeteners available, such as normalize blood glucose and blood pressure, reduce blood cholesterol, body fat and weight, act as a powerful antioxidant, suppresses proliferation of cancer cells, support healthy nervous system etc. In addition, the proper balance of carbohydrates in this product is critical to support our overall body health, including energy generation and good digestive system. It is of low calorie but provides good natural sweet taste. Thus, you can enjoy your meals without worrying about weight gain. Unlike other sweeteners available in market, this product does not have any known adverse effects. Most importantly, it has been granted GRAS status by FDA and thus, safe for consumption.
2) Since rare sugar syrup (Rare Sugar Sweet®) contains glucose and fructose in addition to rare sugars, will it increase blood glucose and weight after consumption?
No. To investigate, a team of scientists gave 3 groups of subjects plain water, water with high-fructose corn syrup and water with rare sugar syrup (RSS) containing glucose, fructose, D-psicose and other rare sugars for 10 weeks respectively. The subjects that consumed RSS-infused water had lower blood glucose and insulin levels, gained less weight and less abdominal fat compared to the high-fructose corn syrup group. The study also showed that the liver cells’ nuclei in the RSS subjects exported to the cytoplasm higher amounts of glucokinase, an enzyme that reduces blood sugar levels by helping convert glucose to its stored form, glycogen (J. Agric. Food Chem. 65 (13): 2888–2894 (2017)).
In brief, rare sugar syrup will not increase but instead decrease abnormally high blood glucose as well as weight. Thus, it is a good alternative to table sugar and other sweeteners available in the market.
3) Will the taste of food change when we use AFC Rare Sugar Syrup Plus Oligosaccharide in place of regular sugar?
No, it will not affect the taste of food. When AFC Rare Sugar Syrup Plus Oligosaccharide is used for baking or simmering, the food will taste and smell better and of higher anti-oxidative properties compared to regular sugar. In addition, it is highly soluble and it can be added and dissolved easily in cold drinks, such as iced coffee. In brief, this product can be applied widely in a vast array of food without altering the natural taste of the food.
4) Why is it important to consider the sugar content in our daily diet?
There are many calorie free or low calorie foods available in the market. However, it is difficult to feel satiated with low or no calorie food, eventually leading us to eat more. Sufficient amounts of sugar is necessary in a healthy diet and AFC Rare Sugars has multiple scientific studies that highlights its various benefits toward health and slimming.
5) Is AFC Rare Sugar suitable to everyone in the family?
Yes! Extracted from a natural source, AFC Rare Sugar is safe and healthy for every member in the family.
Direction of use:
Replace 20% of required sugar in the recipe with AFC Rare Sugar Plus Oligosaccharide and use regular sugar/other sweeteners for the remaining 80%. Please note that 20% of rare sugar replacement is suffcient to block the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream. It is safe to consume up to 30g of AFC Rare Sugar Syrup Plus Oligosaccharide per day.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight. Avoid excessive heat and moisture.
Glucose may precipitate during storage. However, it does not aect the quality of the product.
Did You Know?
Rare Sugar is the pride of the Kagawa Prefecture in Japan? Professor Izumori at the Kagawa University is the first to establish mass production of rare sugar.
<sourced from PrefKagawa on YouTube>
Scientifically proven health benefits of rare sugars:
1) Controls blood glucose levels
Study 1: Administration of rare sugar D-psicose maintains blood glucose at low levels even after meals.
Study 2: In a human trial, researchers noticed rare sugar D-psicose lowers blood glucose levels in prediabetes and diabetes group after meal, but maintaining normal glucose levels of healthy subjects.
Rare sugar D-psicose lowers blood glucose levels in diabetic subjects but not healthy individuals
Receipe #1 - Red bean and barley sweet soup:
Ingredients (4 servings):