Women are prone to have urinary tract infection as they have shorter urethra than a man does, which shortens the distance that bacteria travel to reach the bladder and cause an infection. One in two women will experience a UTI at some point in their lives, and up to a quarter of these women may experience multiple repeated urinary infections. Below are some tips that are helpful to prevent UTI:
• Drink plenty of liquids, especially water
• Never hold your pee for too long
• Empty your bladder soon after intercourse
• Drink cranberry juice. Cranberry contains anthocyanin that can prevents bacteria from accumulating in and sticking to bladder walls.
• Increase the growth of your good bacteria in the intestine. Some bad bacteria may travel from intestine and cause an urinary tract infection