Red Bean and Barley Sweet Soup
AFC Rare Sugar is a 100% natural sugar formula that contains rare sugars, glucose, fructose and oligosaccharides. Try out the goodness of rare sugar with our recipe to make a complete, natural solution for a healthy lifestyle without curbing your sweet tooth.
Receipe #1 Red Bean and Barley Sweet Soup:
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 120g red bean
- 50g barley
- 25g candied winter melon
- ¼ tangerine peel
- 1000ml water
- 50g AFC Rare Sugar (or 13.5g AFC Rare Sugar + 36.5g rock sugar)
- Add water (700ml) and red bean to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes, then cover and let the red bean soak in boiling water for 1 hour.
- While waiting, wash and drain the barley until the water is clear. Soak it in cold water.
- Drain the red bean, refresh with cold water and drain.
- Add the red bean to a clean pot, drain barley and add to the pot, add candied winter melon, tangerine peel and water (1000ml).
- Bring to a boil, cover, lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the red bean has softened.
- Add sugar and stir until the sugar is fully dissolved (if rock sugar is used) and serve.