For purchase over S$120
We use the best security features
THE ROOT CAUSE OF GASTRIC ACID-RELATED SYMPTOMS
Peptic Ulcer and Acid Reflux are the key causes of the above-mentioned symptoms of stomach discomfort.
Peptic Ulcer is a sore that develops on the lining of the stomach, duodenum (upper part of the small intestine) or lower oesophagus as a result of H. pylori bacterial infection or overuse of NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as aspirin and ibuprofen.
Acid Reflux is an upward flow of gastric acid and stomach contents up the oesophagus as a result of a weak oesophageal muscle, which acts as a valve between the stomach and the oesophagus.
WHAT ARE THE REMEDIES CURRENTLY IN THE MARKET?
If you have acid reflux or peptic ulcer, these are the two likely course of actions you would take — self medicate with non-prescription drugs such as Antacids to neutralise gastric acid or take prescribed medications from doctor, such as Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) to block gastric acid secretion. However, while you may be soothed of the discomfort rather quickly, the relief from these available options are temporary and do not address the fundamental cause of the problem or prevent the symptoms from recurring.
DISADVANTAGES OF THESE MEDICATIONS
Antacids – Temporary relief
Antacids neutralise excessive gastric acids to provide rapid pain relief. However, the effect is temporary as they do not treat the root cause of the problem. Over time, the lining of the digestive tract will be eroded. In rare cases, it can develop into cancer if left untreated; it is crucial not to self-treat any symptoms with these medications, especially over a prolonged period of
Stomach acid blocking medications – Side effects
Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are a group of medicines commonly prescribed to treat peptic ulcer and acid reflux. PPIs reduce gastric acid production by blocking the acid producing enzyme in the stomach wall. PPIs are also used in triple therapy (consisting of two antibiotics and one PPI), a regimen most frequently prescribed for H. pylori bacteria eradication.
However, long-term usage of PPIs can cause undesirable rebound acid hypersecretion (RAHS), a condition of overactive gastric acid secretion above pre-treatment levels. RAHS usually happens within two weeks after treatment is withdrawn, resulting in recurrent gastric symptoms and a vicious cycle of treatment all over again. In addition, regular use of PPIs is also linked to an increased risk of dementia1, cardiovascular disease2, kidney failure3 and bone fracture4.
Thus, blocking gastric acid secretion by PPIs does not treat acid reflux. Instead, they merely alleviate the symptoms temporarily. This will worsen the condition and perpetuate the problem.
FINALLY, A GASTRO FORMULA THAT
TARGETS RECURRING GASTRIC SYMPTOMS
GASTRICELL is an advanced and potent gastro formula that effectively eliminates the root cause of gastric acid-related symptoms to promote natural healing with long-term soothing effects. Developed by Tokai University School of Medicine, Japan, GASTRICELL is formulated with a novel strain of heat-treated Lactic Acid Bacteria — patented L. johnsonii No. 1088, and fortified with Bifidobacterium longum and oligosaccharide, it addresses stomach problems such as gastric discomfort, gastric acid backflow and chest-burning sensation effectively to provide long-term soothing effects.
✓ Help relieve recurrent gastric symptoms at root cause naturally
✓ Maintain healthy level of gastric acid
✓ Help to break cycle of drug dependency
✓ Support gastrointestinal health
REMARKABLE QUALITIES OF GASTRICELL
Lactobacillus johnsonii No. 1088
• Novel strain - Lactobacillus johnsonii No. 1088 is a novel strain of Lactic Acid Bacteria found in gastric juice of healthy persons, it has been characterised for numerous unique properties that are beneficial for good gastrointestinal health
• Heat-treated – increase stability of the bacterial strain to provide sustainable efficacy.
• Extreme acid resistant – resilient and effective even in very low pH (acidic) stomach environment
• Scientifically proven health benefits backed by extensive research
• Natural long-lasting solution for gastric discomfort
• Highly safe. Included on the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) list for Qualified Presumption of Safety (QPS) and further verified by acute toxicity, micronucleus and Ames tests.
• Patented in Japan, Korea and the United States for strain, function and application (Patent numbers: JP4457364, JP5075254, KR101061143, KR101451188, US 9243300 B2)
Bifidobacterium longum – A unique bacterial species commonly found in the human body intestines with beneficial properties:
• Restoration of good bacteria and suppression of harmful bacteria
• Improvement in intestinal environment
• Strong immune system support and natural defence against digestive problems, such as constipaton, loose stools, flatulence, etc.
• Resident intestinal bacteria which would not be rejected by the body
• One of the most researched probiotics in the world
• Resistant to stomach acidity, allowing it to reach the intestine intact
• Patent numbers: WO2011039176A1 (2011), EP2308499A1 (2011), CN102665737A (2012), EP2482829 A1 (2012), US20120244125 A1 (2012), US8916145 B2 (2014)
Oligosaccharide - Serves as “growth food” for Bifidobacterium
THE WINNING EDGE OF GASTRICELL
Unlike most non-prescription medications or prescription drugs that may not completely resolve the gastric concerns, GASTRICELL with L. johnsonii No.1088 is scientifically proven to target symptoms caused by overactive gastric acid secretion, harmful bacteria and stomach abrasion and irritation at the root cause, to provide long-term soothing effects.
SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN BENEFITS OF L. johnsonii No. 1088
1) Reduce gastrin and gastric acid secretion
Unlike PPIs, L. johnsonii No. 1088 can recognise and address the underlying root cause of gastric acid-related symptoms by reducing both gastrin and gastric acid secretion. It is an ideal natural therapy to soothe gastric acid-related symptoms such as gastric acid backflow and chest-burning sensation without developing a dependency on it.
After oral treatment with heat-treated L. johnsonii No. 1088 for 10 days.
After administering with L. johnsonii No. 1088 for 10 days.
This study showed that L. johnsonii No. 1088 lowers excessive gastric acid secretion and maintains it at optimal level for effective digestion.
Efficacy of L. johnsonii No. 1088 on gastric acid-related symptoms was clinically proven:
30 healthy volunteers with mild gastric discomfort but did not seek medical treatment for gastric diseases were given heat-treated L. johnsonii No. 1088 daily for 6 weeks. They were evaluated for symptoms relating to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) using “frequency scale for the symptoms of GERD (FSSG)”, with a higher FSSG indicating more severe gastric discomfort.
Oral administration of heat-treated L. johnsonii No. 1088 improved GERD-related symptoms, including acid reflux and dyspeptic symptoms.
Volunteers who noticed improvement of gastric discomfort without any worsening showed significant reduction in serum gastrin concentration after taking heat-treated L. johnsonii No. 1088 for 6 weeks.
2) Target H. pylori bacterial infection
Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection is the most common cause of stomach lesion and clearing the infection is a major part of treating stomach lesion. Incomplete elimination of the bacteria will likely cause the stomach lesion to return.
H. pylori is now thought to be the main cause of stomach cancers. Thus, it is important to eradicate H. pylori in order to keep a healthy stomach condition and lower the risk of stomach cancer.
In an in vitro experiment, heat-treated L. johnsonii No. 1088 were effective in inhibiting the growth of H. pylori. It was proven that a higher number of heat-treated L. johnsonii No. 1088 has a stronger inhibition on a lower initial number of H. pylori. Hence, an appropriate amount of L. johnsonii No. 1088 could efficiently inhibit the growth of H. pylori.
In an in vivo experiment, germ-free subjects were infected with H. pylori for 4 consecutive days. 24 days after the last H. pylori administration, subjects were given either heat-treated L. johnsonii No. 1088 or PBS (control) for another 21 days. On the 21st day, the number of H. pylori in their stomachs was determined. Results showed the number of H. pylori in the infected stomach of germ-free subjects was significantly decreased by the repeated intake of heat-treated L. johnsonii No. 1088.
L. johnsonii No. 1088 can synergistically eliminate H. pylori and reduce overactive gastric acid secretion to address the fundamental cause of stomach lesion effectively.
3) Manage side effects of gastric treatment
L. johnsonii No. 1088 manages the side effect of PPIs, which is an increase in gastrin-positive cells that leads to excessive gastric acid secretion above pre-treatment levels after drug is withdrawn.
Triple therapy is the regimen most commonly recommended for H. pylori eradication.
However, research shows H. pylori eradication increases gastrin-positive cells in the body by 17.4% and in turn causes recurrence of gastric acid-related symptoms. L. johnsonii No. 1088 is proven to decrease the number of gastrin-positive cells and prevent the increase of gastric acid and symptom rebound post treatment.
4) Improve intestinal health
The human intestines house both good and bad bacteria. Good bacteria, such as Bifidobacteria, are beneficial for food digestion, maintenance of a healthy gut and fighting bad bacteria such as Clostridia, L. which are harmful to us; when their numbers outgrow those of the good bacteria, health problems such as ulcers, diabetes, obesity, eczema, hair loss, internal bleedings, stroke, etc, develop.
L. johnsonii No. 1088 is scientifically proven to maintain healthy gut flora by significantly increasing the number of Bifidobacteria (good bacteria) and suppressing the number of Clostridia, L. (bad bacteria).
GASTRICELL is highly recommended for individuals with these concerns:
1. Recurring stomach discomfort
2. Acid backflow and chest-burning sensation
3. Incomplete elimination of H. pylori bacteria
4. Family history of gastric concerns
5. Gastrointestinal side effects of medications
6. Desire to look for a natural solution for gastric concerns with long-term soothing and protective effects
7. Poor diet, unhealthy and stressful lifestyles
8. Excessive consumption of alcohol, tobacco or coffee
9. Poor intestinal health with constipation or loose stools
10. Wish to maintain good gastrointestinal health and strengthen immunity
Mild condition and daily maintenance: 1 sachet
Intensive needs: 2 – 3 sachets, taken separately
Recommended course: Take daily for 3 months for best results.
Pour content into a glass of water (room temperature), stir and drink immediately. Preferably taken on an empty stomach or 2 hours after meal.
1. JAMA Neurol. 73, 410-416 (2016)
2. PLoS One 10, e0124653 (2015)
3. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 27, 3153-3163 (2016)
4. Curr. Gastroenterol. Rep. 12, 448-457 (2010)