For purchase over S$120
We use the best security features
There are more bacteria than cells in your body!
Did you know, 90% of cells in the human body is microbial? The gut has the largest number of microbes (> 100 trillion) and the greatest number of species (≥ 1000 species) compared to other parts of the body. Good and bad bacteria reside in the intestines, with Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium being the two most important beneficial species found here.
What is Gut Flora?
It refers to bacteria and other microorganism that live inside the intestine. A healthy gut flora with 80% good bacteria is the key to good health. Scientific studies confirmed that poor intestinal health due to an imbalanced gut flora (dominated by bad bacteria) is the root cause of many chronic health problems.
“All disease begins in the gut.”
What happens when your gut lacks of good bacteria?
The bacteria in your gut affect nearly every part of your body; research has associated a lack of good bacteria in the gut with many health problems:
Abnormal bowels - Diarrhoea, bloating, gas, constipation.
Poor skin conditions – Acne, eczema, rosacea.
Weird tongue patterns – A white film layering tongue, red dots or lumps on the side or back of tongue.
Poor mental health – Brain fog, mental fatigue, stress, anxiety, depression.
Poor immune health – Nagging coughs, colds, sore throats, flu-like symptoms.
Autoimmune illnesses – Rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis.
Trouble maintaining a healthy weight – Obesity
Lifestyle factors that kill your body’s good bacteria
1. Sweets – High sugar intake causes potentially harmful microbes to multiply rapidly.
2. Wine and beer – Excessive alcohol consumption can alter microbial balance.
3. Poor sleep – Sleep deprivation affects gut microbial diversity.
4. Antibiotics – They kill both the good and bad bacteria in the gut.
5. Insufficient fibre – Fibre serves as food for good bacteria to grow.
6. Pollution – Environmental pollution can alter the balance of the gut flora.
7. Drinking chlorinated water – Chlorine kills both good and bad bacteria in the gut.
8. Foods with Artificial colouring – They are antibacterial and antifungal and thus disrupt the natural order of gut flora.
9. NSAID painkillers – They disrupt the balance of bacteria in the gut.
10. Stress – Stress kills good bacteria and increases the number of bad bacteria, it also reduces microbial diversity.
Probiotics - The Key To Healthy Gut Flora
Probiotics are live beneficial bacteria. When ingested in adequate amounts, they can enhance the health of your digestive tract, colonise and restore the good bacteria count in your gut to suppress the ‘trouble-making’ bad bacteria, support absorption of nutrients while eliminate toxic compounds from the digestive tract. Thus, it is important to replenish with the right type of dietary probiotics to maintain a good flora balance.
The Superiority of FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness
Most oral probiotics are prone to destruction by gastric acid and bile as they journey down the digestive tract, even before their beneficial activities can take effect. Although live cultures are typically coated by a capsule, they are still not protected against ambient humidity, warm temperatures or gastric acid and so cannot survive for long.
FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness features a unique patented 5-layer microencapsulation technology (Patent No. M479761) which embeds the ingredients in the core and surrounds them with robust acid-resistant, bile-resistant, antioxidant, nutrient-rich and colonisation layers. This provides a physical barrier to protect the probiotics against harsh conditions of the body as well as humidity and stress, which helps increase the rate of intestinal colonisation and keeps intestinal lining healthy.
Proven Health Benefits of Key Ingredients
15 strains of Probiotics
Supports good gastrointestinal health
• Balances intestinal microflora – increases good bacteria and suppresses the bad
• Relieves constipation – promotes bowel regularity, reduces urgency and feelings of incomplete emptying
• Reduces gastrointestinal symptoms during antibiotic treatment (diarrhoea, abdominal pain, nausea, etc)
• Reduces digestive/gastrointestinal discomfort – pain, bloating
• Reduces risk of leaky gut (toxins and bad bacteria entering into the blood stream)
• Reduces side effects and microbiota alteration of triple therapy prescribed for H. pylori infection
• Protects against NSAID-induced side effects (i.e. increased stomach permeability)
Supports healthy immune functions
• Supports quick recovery from flu/cold
• Increases antibody production in response to vaccination
• Manages respiratory and food allergy (including gluten allergy)
• Manages inflammatory reactions
Combats pollutants (cadmium, aluminium, copper)
• Increases excretion of pollutants
• Reduces intestinal absorption and tissue accumulation of pollutants
• Ameliorates liver damage and oxidative stress
Supports cardiovascular health
• Supports healthy blood pressure
• Supports healthy blood lipid
• Supports healthy heart rate
• Supports healthy blood glucose levels
• Helps protects against cardiovascular risks
Supports liver health
• Helps reduce fat accumulation in the liver
• Supports liver function
Supports oral health
• Reduces depth of periodontal pockets
Increases minerals absorption
• Increases calcium absorption for optimal bone health
• Increases iron absorption and helps protect against anaemia
Supports skin health
• Reduces wrinkle depth
• Improves skin radiance and elasticity
• Increases skin water content in the face and hands
• Increases sebum content to prevent excessive water loss and protects skin from bacterial and fungal infections
Supports healthy weight
• Reduces body mass index (BMI) and fat mass in adults with obesity
Supports healthy ageing of elderly
• Improves intestinal microflora
• Strengthens immunity
• Reduces skin ulcers and hair loss
Supports brain health
• Improves cognitive function
• Protects against diarrhoea and related symptoms
• Supports healthy immune system
• Improves eczema symptoms
• Protects against anaemia
• Reduces respiratory infections
• Reduces allergy in children who are sensitive to egg white protein
• Supports healthy development with better nutrients absorption
Prebiotic Dietary Fibre
We need both probiotics and prebiotics. Prebiotics are non-digestible carbohydrates which act as food for good bacteria
(including ingested probiotics) and help them thrive.
Frutafit® inulin is a natural prebiotic extract from chicory root, it serves as prebiotics for the good bacteria, specifically to promote growth the beneficial bacteria such as Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium. As they are non-digestible by the human digestive system and reach the gut intact, they also act as a dietary fibre to improve digestion and bowel movements.
Benefits of chicory root extract
• Stimulates growth of Bifidobacterium in the intestines
- improves microflora and protects against infection
• Improves gastrointestinal health
- supports good digestion & bowel movements, increases faecal biomass and water content of stools
• Supports bone health
- stimulates mineral (magnesium, calcium & iron) absorption, especially under conditions of increased mineral requirements (e.g. adolescence & post-menopause)
• Supports healthy immune system
• Promotes cardiovascular health
- Supports healthy blood pressure, blood lipid level and blood glucose
Power Your Gut With FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness.
Research-proven efficacy of 5-layer microencapsulation
1) Increases survival rate of probiotics
A freeze-dry was carried out to compare the number of probiotics that were uncoated or embedded with the patented 5-layer microencapsulation. The result showed a higher survival rate with 10,000 times higher efficiency among probiotics that were encapsulated than those uncoated form.
2) Protects probiotics against high temperatures
Uncoated probiotics and probiotics embedded in the patented 5-layer microencapsulation were stored at 40oC for 4 weeks. Results showed probiotics protected by the patented microencapsulation against the heat were 1 billion times more resilient than the uncoated form.
3) Maintains stability during storage
Uncoated probiotics and probiotics embedded in patented 5-layer microencapsulation were stored at ambient temperature for 12 months and a stability test was conducted. The patented microencapsulated group showed higher stability with 10 billion times more survivals than the uncoated form.
4) Resistance to gastric acid and bile
Uncoated probiotics and probiotics embedded in patented 5-layer microencapsulation were kept in a gastric environment for 3 hours and 24 hours to determine their acid resistance and bile tolerance respectively. Results showed that gastric acid and bile caused minimal reduction of microencapsulated probiotics but a drastic decrease in the uncoated form.
5) Improves probiotics colonisation in the intestines
In this test, uncoated probiotics and probiotics embedded in patented 5-layer microencapsulation were placed in a gastricenvironment and studied for colonisation. Intestinal colonisation by microencapsulated probiotics was found to be 1027 times more efficient than the uncoated form.
Research-proven benefits of key ingredients
1) Promotes growth of good bacteria in the gut
The inulin in chicory root is known to nourish gut bacteria, improve digestion and help relieve constipation. Healthy volunteers (19-35 years old) were given a placebo, a 5 g/day (low-dose) or a 8 g/day (high-dose) Frutafit® inulin (chicory root extract) for 2 weeks. Their faecal samples showed both low and high-dose Frutafit® significantly increased the number of Bifidobacterium in the faeces.
2) Relieves abdominal distension and constipation
Bloating (abdominal swelling) and abdominal distension (actual increase in girth) are common symptoms in IBS, especially in patients who experience constipation. In this study, patients (20-69 years old) consumed fermented milk containing 12.5 billion CFU of B.lactis daily for 4 weeks. Reductions in bloating and abdominal distention were observed. In addition, there were also improvements in overall symptom severity.
3) Reduces side effects of antibiotics
Antibiotics deplete natural gut flora and provide opportunities for spore-forming bacteria (such as Clostridium difficile) to infect and proliferate, this can result in diarrhoea, abdominal pain, nausea, fever and other discomforts. In this study, patients were given 10 billion CFU L. plantarum (a strain of probiotic), once daily during treatment with antibiotic. This resulted in significant reduction in the cases of C. difficile infection. For patients who suffered from C. difficile infection, administration of L. plantarum reduced the severity of the infection.
4) Increases calcium absorption for optimal bone health
a) Beneficial to Adolescent:
Calcium is essential for building and maintaining strong bones, especially during the growth spurts in the adolescent years. Insufficient calcium intake and absorption during this time and young adulthood puts individuals at risk for developing osteoporosis later on in life.
In this study, adolescent girls between 11 and 13.9 years old who were administered 8g of chicory root extract daily for 3 weeks; along with a relatively high dose of calcium [1500mg dietary calcium daily] showed significantly higher calcium absorption.
b) Beneficial to Postmenopausal women:
Declining estrogen production after menopause results in increased bone resorption and decreased calcium absorption. Adequate calcium intake and absorption is key in preventing fractures and protect against osteoporosis.
In this clinical study, postmenopausal women were administered 8g chicory root extract daily for 3 months, this resulted in increased calcium absorption.
5) Increases iron absorption
Iron deficiency is common among young women globally. This deficiency can lead to anaemia which may cause fatigue and breathlessness. Adding probiotics to one’s diet could help increase iron absorption.
In this clinical study, healthy women were administered a fruit drink (containing 5mg iron) without probiotics (Control) for 2 days, followed by the same fruit drink with added 1 billion (109) or 10 billion (1010) L. plantarum for another 2 days. Blood samples were taken 2 weeks later. Results showed the addition of L. plantarum remarkably increased absorption of iron from the fruit drink.
6) Improves skin conditions
In this clinical study, volunteers (41 – 59 years old) who have dry skin and wrinkles were administered 10 billlion CFU L. plantarum daily for 12 weeks. This resulted in significant increases in the skin water content in the face and
hands. Significant reduction in wrinkle depth and improvement in skin gloss and elasticity were also observed, suggesting the anti-ageing benefits of L. plantarum on skin.
FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness is highly recommended for the whole family and particularly for these concerns:
Content: 4.5g x 30 sachets